Every eye exam we perform includes an Advanced Pretest consisting of a series of quick, non-invasive tests. The pretest enables us to gain a better understanding of your overall eye health before we begin the main eye exam.
Each test is completed and determined according to each patient’s unique vision needs, such as:
We use Zeiss optical coherence tomography to provide you with a detailed 3D view of your eye and get a better understanding of how your eyes are functioning. The scan is quick, painless and can detect a variety of eye conditions and diseases.
An OCT exam is capable of seeing:
- All 10 layers of your retina and optic nerve
- Diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic eye problems
- Objects 1/1000 the width of a strand of hair
- Changes in your overall vision health
- Not all OCT scans are equal. Zeiss OCT scans are the preferred scans of ophthalmologists in New Zealand.