A Vision Centre eye exam is a comprehensive process taking up to 40 minutes and includes checking the health of your eyes, as well as detecting any prescription changes.
Your eye exam is followed by a tailored optometry consultation to walk you through the results.
All eye exams are carried out by a fully qualified NZ trained optometrist and member of the New Zealand Association of Optometrists.
- Discussion about you and your family’s eye history, general health
- Discussion about how you use your eyes for work, home and leisure
- Assessment of pupil function and response
- Eye muscle tests to check movement, coordination and alignment
- Visual function and comfort assessment
- External eye biomicroscopy assessment including lids, lashes conjunctiva, cornea and assessment of any UV/sunlight damage.
- Internal eye biomicroscopy assessment including lens, retina, optic disc macula and blood vessels
- Assessment for present risk of glaucoma including a measure of the pressure inside each eye
- Digital retinal photography
- Zeiss 3D Retinal Assessment with ocular coherence tomography
- Discussion of diagnosis and best management options for your eyes and your lifestyle
Our eye exams include digital retinal scanning to produce detailed digital images of the interior of your eye.
These images can detect a variety of eye conditions (even in their early stages) such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and diabetic eye problems.
Your optometrist will also assess the effects of high cholesterol and/or high blood pressure in your eyes.
We use Zeiss optical coherence tomography to provide you with a detailed 3D view of your eye and get a better understanding of how your eyes are functioning. The scan is quick, painless and can detect a variety of eye conditions and diseases.
An OCT exam is capable of seeing:
- All 10 layers of your retina and optic nerve
- Diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic eye problems
- Objects 1/1000 the width of a strand of hair
- Changes in your overall vision health
- Not all OCT scans are equal. Zeiss OCT scans are the preferred scans of ophthalmologists in New Zealand.
We evaluate how well your eyes work together and process visual information. Using this information we assess how best to improve your vision and concentration, as well as prevent sore eyes & headaches.
Dry eye is evaluated on every patient and we actively examine for anterior eye diseases, which can contribute to sore or dry eyes, and treat these conditions.
Our fully qualified team will offer advice and field any questions you may have
about your unique vision, lifestyle and prescription needs.
We offer specialised lenses to improve your golf game, enhance your computer vision, amplify your driving vision and much more. Be sure to let us know what activities you enjoy in life so that we can ensure your vision is maximising your performance.
With your eye exam complete, we will have ample information to provide you with accurate and affordable recommendations.